• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this considered "good timings"?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gogeta_G3D

Ive never cared enough to mess with memory timings as I was with oc my CPU. but now im curious.

I have 1Gb of Samsung memory (board and chips), PC3200. I run it at 400Mhz DDR @ 6 , 3 , 3 , 2.5. I use 2.6v. are these considered average?

yeah thats average i would say. What platform are U running amd or intel. and what type of board? I ask because ideal timings are different for each platform and different chipsets among the platforms. As a general rule however lower is better.

i tried 6 2 2 2.5 @ 2.7v but that didnt work, computer just beeped and wouldnt even start.

highest i got is 2.9v, I tried

11 2 2 2 - crashed
11 3 3 2 - crashed
11 2 2 2.5 - crashed
11 3 3 2.5 - works.

also, the mems are rated @ CL3, maybe asking them to go down to CL2 is too much?

oh, I thought the stock was 2.5.

For a NF2 based mobo you want the tras (the 11 value) to be at 11 because for some odd reason it gives the best performance.

Back