• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

edwardaune

I have an Athlon 2800+ and I have bumped the FSB up to 175MHz resulting = 175X2 @ 350MHz FSB for the CPU and th FSB on the memory is 420MHz. The BIOS and the computer think that is a 3000+ runnning at 2.19 instead of the "out of the box speed of 2.08MHz. Thats fine and dandy but I want to know how else to get higher and still stable. I dont know of any place that I can change the multiplier. I take for granted that it is adjusted in the BIOS. The are no adjustments available for that in the BIOS. Ive read that you can bump up the VCORE and then step up the FSB a bit more for stability. I am completely air cooled currently running about 50 C. Anyone with more tidbits of info are welcome to come my way.

Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 F7
AMD Athlon 2800+ 2.08, OC'd 2.19 3000+
Kingston PC3200 2X256MB
80 Gig SATA Seagate
128MB DDR GeForce 5200
450W Premier Performance Pro PS

Ok your off to a nice start

what are your temps like ( Idle / Load ) you going to want to not let them get to far over 50'C

if your chip is unlocked then you can change your multi. to change it there is a set of dip switches on your board by CPU socket. it will show you in the book which ones to flip for a certain multi. but if youe chip is locked it wont change

Last edited:
you have your ram and fsb set to run at different speeds (asyncronisly). This is generally a bad idea and usually results in lower performance than just running it slower. Set your ram:fsb ratio to 1:1 for syncronous operation, and if you can do it, lower your multiplier and get your fsb up above 200.

Aside from that, read read read...... The more you know and more importantly understand about how everything works the better your results will be.

Soon you will become engulfed with the need to push every last mhz out of you system at any cost..... welcome to the club:thup:

Back