• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc2700 and 150fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Belerial

Registered
I believe I have been having some issues with my memory, I'm not positive

I have pc2700 with my dual mp2200's

they OC'd xp 1700's with multiplier at 12 and fsb at 150

However, I constantly have problems with some games and whatnot running slow, the computer shutting down when I'm in games by itself, and various other crashes.

I thought it possibly could be graphics card, so I upgraded to a 9800 xt 256, still same problem...then I formatted and did a clean install of xp pro, more of the same...

so I think I may have a memory issue. Could it be because the memory can't handle the 150 fsb...

would love some feedback

Run memtest on the RAM, but TBH its sounding more like a CPU and lack of voltage issue if its resetting in game... Are the CPU's stable?

well, I just ran prime 95 on both cpu's, 8 hours, straight, no problems whatsoever.

I did up the voltage a bit to the cpu's though to test that out, see if anything changes

for the kind of ram, to be honest, I can't remember quite, I put it together a while ago...I jsut reformatted, I had a program that told you info about your computer, what kind of ram you had, etc...

can anyone link me to a free program to do that?

Back