• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD's 90nm process is delayed (link)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hmm just a few days ago in AMD's conference call they said they would start production of 90nm A64's in a few weeks.

No its says that only the higher end models using the 90nm technology are delayed. Presumably speeds similar to present will be available sooner if you read the 3rd paragraph.

Ah, drat.

In my opinion, AMD will quickly sort out whatever problem it's having and deliver its first 90 nanometer products on the new timetable and on budget, without some of the problems of the Preshotts. AMD can't afford to screw up this transition and they most likely know this, and are taking it slow.

AMD me. :attn:

I think it's clear what's up:

"Advanced Micro Devices Inc. has begun using a 90-nanometer silicon-on-insulator (SOI) manufacturing process at its Fab30 in Dresden, Germany, according to Thomas Sunderman, a director of manufacturing technology within AMD's corporate manufacturing group."

Also, where does inq
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15415
get this from:

"And as we expected, 90 nanometre chips will start to be available in quantity in Autumn of this year."

:confused:

Autumn, that's British for Fall and Fall is not Winter.

Huh?

Winchester in October 2004? (I don't think so.)

Back