• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*shoots kv7*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NotHisTechiness

ok, so i got a new abit kv7 board and it won't let me get into the bios at all. it just does the mem count and then it just sits there doing nothing. i thought there was something wrong with the board so i took it back to fry's and exchanged it for a new one but 'lo and behold the same problem arises. now, i've done everything imaginable: switched ram, cleared the cmos, switch power, switched and interchanged parts completely with the computer i'm using now (which fully works) but it all gives me the same problem where i just sit at the splash screen after the mem count. once again, i'm up against the wall on this and i really doubt it's the board itself since i got the same problem twice. any help is always appreciated.

Simple way to make sure when new stuff boots up it boots up at the slowest speed possible is to reset the CMOS and on ABITs keep tapping insert after you press the power button. Tapping insert sometimes saves me all the time. What kind of ram are you using. Slap in some generic stuff boot with that, sometimes the expensive high class ram has it's SPD timings too low. Does it give any beeps? I'm sorry if I mentioned some of the things you already done but I'm just making sure we have all the bases covered.

held the insert button down, pressed it repeatedly, cleared the cmos, cleared the cmos with the battery out, used mushkin 2100 and generic 2100, and not a single beep at all.

Back