• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

got a sweet 2500 mobile by accident

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

polarys425

Newegg started that Verified by Visa junk and my Visa is also my check card. It would never go through the verification part of the order, it would just sit there. While all this was going on i ordered two 2500 mobiles with a Mastercard and have been playing with one of those for a bit now. Its not spectacular, 2400 @ 1.75 idles about 47c.

The other night i was looking around on Newegg and for the hell of it, tried to order a 2500 mobile with my Visa check card to see if it would go through. Much to my suprise it DID.

it showed up yesterday. IQYHA 0408 RPMW. i must say, so far it must have been fate, im up to 2600 at 1.8v aircooled with a Swifty heatsink and a moderate fan speed, idling 44c.

Hmmm.......dumbfish making deals outside the classifieds is strictly prohibited, best edit your post before the mods see it...

polarys425 said:
Newegg started that Verified by Visa junk and my Visa is also my check card. It would never go through the verification part of the order, it would just sit there. While all this was going on i ordered two 2500 mobiles with a Mastercard

Is it me or does this seem a little strange. Why would you do something like that? Now you've got 3 CPUs.

On friday (23.04) I've ordered from newegg five Athlons M-2500 and I get five IQYHA0408RPMW . I hope they will oc as good as yours. I will have them in home for abut two weeks so I can't test them right now.

Re: Re: got a sweet 2500 mobile by accident

spazzmattah said:

Is it me or does this seem a little strange. Why would you do something like that? Now you've got 3 CPUs.

its no big deal to me, its all in the codes anyway.....this last one is better anyway.

Re: Re: got a sweet 2500 mobile by accident

spazzmattah said:

i've seen a lot of people buying mobile bartons by the batches. they often will keep the one that overclocks the highest for them and then either keep or sell off the rest. some steppings supposedly overclock higher than others and not every mobile barton will overclock the same.

Back