• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trancend PC3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jerry123

Registered
I'm a newbie to OC'ing.....so please help me with this one.

I'm planning to buy a 7N400 Pro 2 mobo but I've got Trancend PC 3200 512MB Ram.

This is the ram specs:
Transcend® DDR400 512MB 184-pin: PC3200, CL2.5/3 clock, 6-layer PCB.

Has anyone used Trancend PC3200 for OC purposes?

I've got a XP2600+ CPU (locked) & Thermaltake Volcano 12 Cooler.

What will be the MHz I can expect with the N400 Pro2 and the Trancend ram?

Jerry123,
I cant answer you question about that particular brand of ram, I will however tell you that the giga nforce2 boards, do not play nicely with some brands of ram, on that you will just have to wait and see how that plays out.

Is that one or two sticks?, you may find that you need to raise voltage to the ram as well as possibley relax the timings.

Most users with any model of the giag nforce2 boards are able to run 11x200 or more. Some are getting 215-220 with a few more at 225+.

What power supply will you be using with that setup? and can you post the outputs per the label on the psu re: 12v, 5v, and 3v?

Here is a great Gigabyte New Owners Guide that should answer most of your questions about the giga nforce2 board, however if not holla at the dudes there, they are all very good at helping out, You tell them "MOM" sent you and they will take very good care of you...

Laterz,
dafanman "MOM"
:cool:

Some of the Transcend sticks has CH-5 memory on them. So you should be able to do 2-2-3-5 at 200 FSB and with more voltage you should be able to do 230 FSB at the same timings. I had two sticks of Transcend with CH-5 memory and mine did that without even complaining once.

3sixes,

TX for the info....the guide is great....and must for every Giga mobo owner.

I'll be using a Antec true 430 PSU on the system.

I'm also gonna upgrade my current PC3200 Transcend stick to 1 stick Transcend PC4000 512MB.

Getting the Pro2 mobo in two weeks.

I'll post a reply on the MHz I got.

Allbrain..... do you know what is on the Transcend PC4000 sticks?
And...to what to what voltage can I go?

I've just read a review on the Transcend PC4000 sticks:
www.legitreviews.com/Reviews/transcend_500_1.shtml

Got any views or suggestions on the Transcend PC4000 ram?

BTW.....I'm also in RSA.

Cheers.

I will have a look at the DDR500 from Transcend and report back. Also you might want to go to here. It is South African and there they will also help you the same way the people in this brilliant forum will help you. That is if you have not been there before..... ;)

Back