• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help setting AGP 8x on Asus A7N8X-x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Sprinkles

This is my first post and i am brand new to this.
I have just bought the Asus A7N8X-x and have set AGP 8X "enabled" in the Bios but the Adapter Information in "Display settings" for this Geforce4 Ti-4400 board tells me the BUS is 4x.
So does AIDA32.
I have installed the latest drivers for the card(Detonator 56.72)
I cannot find where to set the AGP to 8x.
Can anyone help?

Chipset Properties:
Motherboard Chipset nVIDIA nForce2 400

Memory Slots:
DRAM Slot #1 256 MB (DDR SDRAM)
DRAM Slot #2 256 MB (DDR SDRAM)

AGP Properties:
AGP Version 2.00
AGP Status Enabled
AGP Aperture Size 64 MB
Supported AGP Speeds 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x
Current AGP Speed 4x
Fast-Write Supported, Enabled
Side Band Addressing Supported, Enabled

welcome to the forum
as i know that the all 4400ti has come with agp 4x there is no 4400 ti with agp8x(correct me if i am wrong) also it better to use 44.03 driver with ti card(for better performance) the new driver are optimazed for the fx series and for better image quality
so make your choice :)

the supported agp speed is from your mobo (the motherboard support AGP4x,8X) not the video card

Its like what makaka said

in the bios you can change it to 4 or 8x agp

but the graphics card that you have is only 4xagp so no matter what ...that is what you have 4x agp

but dont worrie as 8x doesnt yeild that much difference .....and its on its way out now anyway ....for pci express

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1087

ps i always set the AGP Aperture Size 64 MB to double what the card is ...ie 128mb i set it to 256mb .....dont ask dont know why i think its supposed to be better ...

and i get better results with the Fast-Write Supported disabled....

But dont worrie to much just enjoy :)

Back