• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If anyone can help here, it would be great.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhantomTa2

I got the K8N Pro board, I got 2 SATA drives and 1 IDE drive.....the problem is that I want to install the OS on a SATA drive, but even though BIOS knows the SATA drives are there, the WinXP installation only gives the option to install on the IDE drive. I've tried everything, and naturally I install the drivers from a floppy every time, but to no avail.
Any help setting this up would be immensely appreciated.
The SATA drive options are for RAID and BASE, I tried both, but with the RAID it gives me the usual Stripe, etc....I just want them as normal drives. It just won't let me, for some reason, and I can't think why.

Last edited:
I don't own your board but I can pass on some issues I've seen.
Are you copying those sata drivers to the floppy youself. Gigabyte made us do that for the nf2 boards. If so, many people have had problems in getting the right folder copied. I usualy direct them to the gigabyte website to download the drivers.
Is there a boot order in you bios? Make sure you set sata as first or second (after floppy).
Try disconnecting the ide drive untill after windows is installed.
I hope this was of some help.

It was of some help.....

I did manage it, but I had to do most of the stuff you mentioned there.........and after all that, losing over 80gig of data, the SATA seems to be slower than the IDE, at least it was scoring around 5000 LESS in 3DMark01 :(

Back