• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S and 9800Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itim100

Would the NF7-s's lack of agp pro render it incompatible with a 9800Pro card (assuming that the card uses agp pro?) or slower than a board with agp pro? Thanks for any clearing up of this issue.:)

itim100 said:
Would the NF7-s's lack of agp pro render it incompatible with a 9800Pro card (assuming that the card uses agp pro?) or slower than a board with agp pro? Thanks for any clearing up of this issue.:)

The 9800pro doesnt use the "agp pro" .. thats only for like graphic work stations and are totally different video cards..

I have a nf7-s and a 9800pro... works very well :D

OK, I just thought i remembered my old A7n8X dlx having agp pro.
So the gaming cards don't utilize agp Pro, and as a result mobos aimed at gamers (NF7S) dont use it. And the Asus does have pro, meaning it could be used with something like a Quadro, but doesn't neccessarily make it any better for gaming. K. Got it, thanks!

itim100 said:
OK, I just thought i remembered my old A7n8X dlx having agp pro.
So the gaming cards don't utilize agp Pro, and as a result mobos aimed at gamers (NF7S) dont use it. And the Asus does have pro, meaning it could be used with something like a Quadro, but doesn't neccessarily make it any better for gaming. K. Got it, thanks!

np anytime :)

Back