• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SPD Utilities?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkp0lice

I just got a stick of 1GB PC2100 ram, but it's only being recognized as 512MB... Plz list some ram tools that will verify that it's actually 1GB and SPD timings, etc etc.

Thanks

CPU-Z just says it's 512MB..
Sandra says that it's single bank ram, so I guess the other bank isn't getting activated.

Weird thing is that I can't even post with this ram in an Asus P4P800, 133FSB 1:1 SPD timings, but it works fine as 512MB single bank in a MSI 845E-Max. :confused:

Markings on the chips:
GET
AE25D1284T-6

They're not TSOP chips, but slightly smaller in both the length and width, not BGA either.

Pic:

The chips are also VERY thin.....

Attachments

• img_0560.jpg
    img_0560.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 131
It's too slow for the P4P800, that's why it won't post. You need PC3200 for that board. And it's an 800MHz fsb.

MSI board is 100/133/400/533 fsb board, that is why it works in there.

That looks like pretty high density ram, perhaps too high for the MSI board.

Check out the manuals for specs;)

the 3:2 rato is slow enough for that ram at 200FSB. It will bring it to exactly 133MHz. Besides, the P4C supports all of the NW chips, all the way down to 100MHz.

No, I even tried running 133FSB 1:1 ratio on the P4P800, and it won't boot.

The MSI supports max of 2GB total, and it has 2 slots, so the 1GB stick should work...

Anyone have any info on these chips??

Lan_Of_Malkier said:
It's too slow for the P4P800, that's why it won't post. You need PC3200 for that board. And it's an 800MHz fsb.

MSI board is 100/133/400/533 fsb board, that is why it works in there.

That looks like pretty high density ram, perhaps too high for the MSI board.

Check out the manuals for specs;)

no offense, but i think the ram could well be built by a 3rd party that buys chips from the big manufactures that wont pass their testing. they work around the defective part of the chip , putting their name on it(or worse putting a brand name and pass it off as grade a memory) and selling it for cheap. unfortunately these kind of sticks are notorious for their incompatibility and sudden failures. plus, the newer chipsets are pretty picky and need good ram to operate correctly. again no offense, but i think that is why this stick is giving u so much trouble

Back