• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

God I hate test #5.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Ambush=-

Seriously, what is it about 97% of test #5 on memtest86 that my RAM dosen't like!?!? Once it hits that point it get literally thousands of errors!, even at 3.2V!!!:eek:

I have 2x512 mushkin special 222 BH-6 in a DFI LanParty B with a XP-M 2500+ and can't get stable on memtest @ 12x220. I've ramped it up to about 230 with a low multi but nothing above that. And I though I could hit 250fbs.....

I'm wondering if the DFI dosen't like to go up to high fbs fast. I'll try to ramp it up slowly, but good god, this is aggrevating me.

Oh, and at 12x220 it is prime stable for a few hours (haven't let it run 24hrs+.

What bios version are you running? If your running a stock or official bios from dfi head over to www.dfi-street.com/bios.html and use one of there bioses. Teh 1/21 or 1/31 seem to be the best, be ware of the alpha's though, they have a tendancy to fubar your bios. As I found out last night. The 1/21 gave me exellcent results up to 255 fsb.

linky fixed:

Ya, the last 2-3% of test5 seems to be the defining test for BH5 ram. My sticks also crap out in that area if there isn't enough voltage, or if the ram overheats. You should put a fan over yours, and remove the stupid double sided tape.

pay no attention to memtest, I got errors too at 220fsb with my mushkin level II bh5 but 3dmark is stable up to 220fsb

Snvpa, I was using the 1/21 bios but I just flashed to the 2/17 (1/31) alpha about 5 min ago. I hope this one works better.

When you went to 255 did you just set it there or did you slowly ramp it up? If you ramped it up, did you use price or memtest to test for stability?

Also what would be the best way to test if one of my sticks or RAM are bad?

People have been getting 250+ with BH-6, so i'm wondering why I'm not.

:(

Oh, and LanParty's are tempermental about bios flashes, I know. The trick is to cold flash it from a boot disk. No problem here so far....*knocks on wood*

Back