• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Making a duron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I need to know what bridges to blow to turn my 1700+ into a duron. I traded it to my friend a while back, but he chipped the core and killed it. So, in a desperate effort, I have decided that disable part of the L2 cache might make it work again. After all, I have nothing to lose. So what bridges do I blow for 128k or l2? For 64k?

I seriously doubt it would work. I bet more than just the corner is damaged on the inside.

Heh, don't waste the risk of shorting out the mobo with something like this because you most likely will, or at least burn the **** socket up lol. If you truly have nothing to lose than go for it, hope it works and as always, REMEMBER TO FOLD :D

dont' blow your bridges, just go up to your friend and be like, 'hey friend, you broke my chip.' he'll respond with something like 'ya, what ya gonna do about it?' and you challenge hom to a combat to the death on a moving platform hauled by driverless motorcycles ontop a really high cliff.

who ever managed to hamper the other's progress, jump on one of the motorcycles first, and drive away wins :)

...wait what were we tlking about again, oh yeah blowing bridges;
i sugest using the 5 volt line from your pc and not physically blowing the bridges but shorting them. i'l try to find the thread if i remember

Maybe because instead of a busted chip he will get a semi-working chip and payment towards another working one? :rolleyes:

I think that you need to blow the L2 at the end - furthest from the "L2" marking. Confirm it by getting some pics from someone who has done a Duron->XP mod though

Lol, did I not state in the post that I traded it to him a while back? He gave it back to me dead, but it was his.

Back