• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8knxp with Corsair and Crucial Ram settings..Advice Please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Razorm

I am a recent purchaser of Gigabyte 8knxp rev 1.0 Board
p4 2.8c

When I first used the Corsair Ram xms 3500 cl2 512 xms 3502 v1.1 (two sticks), I had eratic performance. Freeze ups in xp prof and no boot ups even to bios. I had to clear cmos to even get to bios to try and change settings.

On the advice of Comp tech I purchase crucial 3200 ddr ram 512 x2.
This alone ram stable with spd.

I was determined to get the corsair to work. I changed the settings to 2-3-3-7 and it worked. I then did a search on crucial oc and found that 2.5-3-3-6 worked for that ram.

I now have both sets of ram onboard, using 2.5-3-3-6.
I'm unsure of what voltage I have as I only see +.1 etc as options there.

Could someone recommend what they believe to be the best bios settings using both these types of ram (if recommended). I"m not much of an overclocker persay, I am after stability mostly as I use this for Audio applications and not gaming performance.

What settings might work best and voltages etc. I am somewhat unfamiliar with settings, but can follow along reasonably well to direction on things beyond the settings if one provided such.

Thanks
Razor

Back