• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Ratio's FSB ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dtadpole

Just wandering I have an older IT7 Max2 v2 and a 2.53 B p4 chip running currently just @ 180 FSB(3.42..) . Also I have some Kingston HyperX pc3000 1gb running 2-2-2-6 @ 2.6v. I have just read the overclocking Memory Sticky above and was wandering if I am understanding this right. I have 2 choices in my IT7 bios to run 1:1(180) or 5:4(225). From the Sticky above It says basically to run my memory synchronous with the cpu 1:1 right, or would it be any advantage to run it @ 5:4(225) Asynchronous? I am a little confused:eek: thanks

Running it at 5:4 would give you more memory bandwidth, and should improve performance. Generally running 1:1 will give better performance as cpu speed goes up. Also the dividers are never 100% efficient.

If your choise is to either run it at 1:1 with 180fsb or 5:4 with 225fsb I'm pretty sure the higher one will perform better. Ofcourse you could just try? You will probably have to raise the ram voltage a bit to be able to run at higher fsb's, but the ram you have has bh-5 chips and will be happy at up to 2.9v if you have decent ventilation in that case of yours.

Thanks for the info I will have to run some tests on it when I get home and see what I can do. Was just checking out the new board I recieved today and it only has 3:2,6:5,1:1. which sucks I guess I will have to run 1:1 on that mobo right?

Edit: Did a little more research on my board and found that it will actually do DDR500 so I am good to go. The motherboard by the way is a MSI pt880 Neo lsr

Last edited:
Back