• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobile 2600 maxed out at 2.4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hemidude

I just got my mobile 2600. Right out of the box it does 2.4 at 12x200. Any higher and I get a windows error and B.S.O.D. I did the L12 mod and my temps never get above 41-43 under load. My memory timings are 6-2-2-2 but even at 11-3-3-3 I still cant go any higher. I dont think it is a heat issue as its always a windows error. Any ideas? Thanks.

What bios are you using?

What are your voltages at? You have to increase your voltages to achieve a higher o/c.

Im running sub zero for the bios. And my vcore is 1.7. Why would I get the windows error?

You would get the windows error becuase you're not giving the processor enough voltage. I would say go for a 1.75 vcore first and see if you get b.s.o.d.'d out of windows. If it still happens them try for 1.8vcore. Remember to watch your temperatures and make sure you don't go over 60ºC under load. Good luck.

hemidude said:
I just got my mobile 2600. Right out of the box it does 2.4 at 12x200. Any higher and I get a windows error and B.S.O.D. I did the L12 mod and my temps never get above 41-43 under load. My memory timings are 6-2-2-2 but even at 11-3-3-3 I still cant go any higher. I dont think it is a heat issue as its always a windows error. Any ideas? Thanks.

Which version of Corsair are you running? If it's 1.2 or 2.2, it's CH-5 and you may need to adjust your RAM timings a bit (ie. 2.5-3-3-11) and play with your Vdimm. Too, CAS3 doesn't work very well with NF2 boards. HTH

O.K. I am at 200x12.5, 45@idle 1.825 core. I still cant get prime to run for more than three cycles. And I still get windows errors in IE. Any more suggestions?

hemidude said:
Thanks, what is better a higher fsb or multiplier?

If you're running V1.2 or 2.2 Corsair, you may only be limited to 200FSB. The 2 sticks of V1.2 in my wife's machine will do 203FSB max.

hemidude said:
O.K. I am at 200x12.5, 45@idle 1.825 core. I still cant get prime to run for more than three cycles. And I still get windows errors in IE. Any more suggestions?

Give it more Vcore. Seeing how Prime fails very quickly, I'd raise it to 1.875V to start.

The only numbers I recall are cl2 I think. Well 200x12.5 would crash in 3d apps. Now I am at 200x12 prime stable for 8 hours. Seems like 200 fsb is my magic number. Hmmm. I would really like to take the fsb higher with a lower multiplier. Thanks for the help.

lower the multi to 10 or 11 then run 210 fsb this will rule out youre processor as the mhz of the cpu will be so low ....

if you can get it to boot @210 and run stable then you know its either memory or cpu ......increase youre memory voltage ....

use max vcore youre board will allow watch the temps tho...

run youre memory @ 11-2-2-2 or 11-2-2-2.5

if you can get it to boot @210 and run stable then you know its either memory or cpu ......increase youre memory voltage ..

If it boots @ 210 would my problem be memory or cpu?

Well for one thing dont listen to the guy who said to use the max vcore on youre board, youre bard can go to 2.3v, that way to high for air cooling, even for most water machines. Only use 2.3vcore if youre cpu can handle the 2.0 and 2.1 and 2.2 settings, i know my proc can do the 2.3v

Like people said lower the multi to like 10, then raise the fsb to 210. If youre system still doesnt work, then its youre ram thats the prob and wont go higher.

If it can handle that then go higher until you hit a wall.

Well I guess I am stuck with 12x200. In memtest I can go 235 fsb. That rules out the memory. Anything over 200 just isnt stable. Actually any combo that goes over 2450 is trouble. Well 2400 aint too shabby. Thanks for all the help, and if there is any more suggestions I would love to hear them.

I have hit the very same wall as you have,well sorta.I can get it to12X200but its not quite stable but i can run 192x12.5 and its stable,same MHZ,Guess some of these mobiles dont like high fsb.Still 2400 mhz is not bad from a cheap chip

hemidude
see if youre northbridge cooling fan is makeing good contact with the chip its self ...if it is not replace it with some as3 on it ...insted of the standard stuff ...this can help

I used as5 on the northbridge. With my timing at 11-4-4-3 I can get to 12.5x200 stable but those timings how much performance am i losing? Thanks.

Back