• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

timings/speed/2.9V/BH5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Como

okay, i have 512 megs BH5. my board wont give it any more than 2.9, and i seem ot be maxing out at 223FSB.

However, last night, i decided ot try and get more from it. the next step up is 225, and it get seeros in under a min in prime at that. (my memtest disk is just gicing me some weird numbers...if anyone knoes about THAT issue it would be nice too :) )

however, i'm stable at 223X10. even 223X11, if i put the vcore up a bit...

Hwever i'm dissapointed wiht my FSB. i know my ram can do more, so i loosened my timimgs up. before i kept them at 3-2-2-2 (the 4 numbers in my bios, in order...dunno what they are, but the last one is CAS latency)

anyways, i changed them ALL t0 3. it wouldnt POST! just ram error beeps.

so i put them back to 3-2-2-2. works fine. change them as high as they go, (something like 15-7-5-3) and it still wouldnbt post. beep. beep. beep.

anyways, i'd like to know what more experianced people can get out of BH-5 at 2.9V, and what their timimgs are.

i tried to learn about timings once, it diddnt end well...

i'm posting this to figure out if my RAM is being a whack job and holding me back, or if ite my motherbaord....because my chip is screaming for more FSB....i think...could it be my chip?

BH-5 won't run CAS 3. You could try 2.5-3-3-11 or something like that, or even 2.5-4-4-11, although it would yield terrible performance. You're better off keeping it at at least 2.5-2-2-11.

I would guess it's your board or your chip, or at least that they're significant factors. If loosening your timings doesn't help your OC, it's probably not your memory. Try the L12 mod, if you haven't already.

Gotta give that ram more juice, man. :D BH5 loves it's voltage, and it can run 3.3v all day long. But if you want it to run at that speed, you're gonna have to do a volt mod to get up that high with the NF7. Still, a max FSB of 223 stock on the NF7 with no mods isn't too shabby, really. But your ram probably has a lot more to offer you with more volts.

wever i'm dissapointed wiht my FSB. i know my ram can do more, so i loosened my timimgs up. before i kept them at 3-2-2-2 (the 4 numbers in my bios, in order...dunno what they are, but the last one is CAS latency)

anyways, i changed them ALL t0 3. it wouldnt POST! just ram error beeps.

so i put them back to 3-2-2-2. works fine. change them as high as they go, (something like 15-7-5-3) and it still wouldnbt post. beep. beep. beep.

Man no wonder it doesn't post. That last 2 or 3 is way lower than suggested. The minimum is 5 or 6 for most RAM. Change it to 11 like johan851 suggested. You will probably get a better overclock too:)

(como here)
i dont even know what your talking about...i'm not Vmoding till i have a job, so i'm considering a new mobo, i hear the dfi a or something gets good speeds. my chip seems tp ramp forEVER, but my fsb wont go any higher. (even to i'vehit 223X12 on this chip!...too hot and not stable though...she runs hot.)

so, can anyone tell me a good timing set? i know nothing about them...i assume 3-2-2-2 is tight, and that lead mt to the possibility of that limiting my FSB.

If you have BH5 on an NF7, 2-2-2-11, is what seems to run best for most people.

BH5 is supposed to keep those tight timings ... that's the whole lure behind them. :D So don't go off lowering them to try and make it run faster, because it's going to hurt more than help. BH5 can do 2-2-2-11 all the way up to 250 FSB and higher ... but, it's not going to do it without more voltage. At 2.9v, you're probably not going to squeeze any more speed out of your RAM, even though you have a ton left, most likely. Most BH5 likes to run between 3.1v to 3.3v, and you can run it there 24/7. Below that voltage, though, you just aren't going to hit the high FSB speeds you are looking for.

And if you're wanting to pick up a DFI anyway, might as well try the volt mods first (or get someone here to do them for you), as the NF7 actually seems to runs better when at the same FSB speeds as the Infinity, and you won't be out any extra money.

Here's a link to a pretty easy mod that will get you 3.3v going to your vdimm, should you ever feel like trying it:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=289537

Why the hell are you running 3-2-2-CAS2 with an NF7 board?

Run 11-2-2-CAS2 with that board and that RAM dude, give it 2.9V you should max out somewhere around 225FSB for the RAM.

nforce2 boards have a bug -- and that bug is running that "11" with RAM, which gives you a pretty big performance boost for RAM

Also, like the dude above me said, do a vdimm mod for 3.3V -- run it there 24/7 you'll be very happy with your new OC results

Hmm.... I have an NF7-S 2.0 in my AMD rig... havent touched the BIOS on it in a while now...

It should go like this I think from top to bottom

Back