• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pro's and Con's of D23-Subzero BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tansi_Yo

Registered
What are the pro's and con's of this d23 subzero bios over the latest bios flash for the nf7-s? Where can I find this d23 bios download?

a con for me was that i was always hanging during boot, blue screening and randomly restarting. as if the bios were entirely not compatible.

pros were: highest posting overclock i ever hit. wasnt prime stable, but it posted a solid 12 mhz frontside higher than before, and was prime stable 3 mhz over before. some see more, some see less...

if you look on the second page of ABIT forums youd find it staring right at you ;)

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=284605

good luck.

btw, i was always able to flash to another bios, so it was just some minor glitch, like one of my periphs or something. im using standard d23 and it works ok.

MrBucket28 said:
a con for me was that i was always hanging during boot, blue screening and randomly restarting. as if the bios were entirely not compatible.

pros were: highest posting overclock i ever hit. wasnt prime stable, but it posted a solid 12 mhz frontside higher than before, and was prime stable 3 mhz over before. some see more, some see less...

if you look on the second page of ABIT forums youd find it staring right at you ;)

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=284605

good luck.

btw, i was always able to flash to another bios, so it was just some minor glitch, like one of my periphs or something. im using standard d23 and it works ok.

Thanks for the head's up on that link man and thanks for your input. Btw..did your abit eq utility work after u flashed with the d23 bios?

I went back to the 22BK cause the 23SZ wasn't stable for me with DC ram and cas2, it might my own mobo. But the 22BK works great!

Suma.

Tansi_Yo said:

Thanks for the head's up on that link man and thanks for your input. Btw..did your abit eq utility work after u flashed with the d23 bios?

I heard it doesn't. Well I don't mind, I use Winbond Hardware Doctor. I think it's better and nicer.

Suma.

Suma said:

I heard it doesn't. Well I don't mind, I use Winbond Hardware Doctor. I think it's better and nicer.

Suma.

=( ...abit eq is my favorite utility. I will have to check out winbond hardware...

*Edit* Hey..is this where I get that winbond software? winbond hardware doctor

If so..which should i download? If thats not the link..hook a brother up..^^

Last edited:
yeah, i had both my hardware watching utils fail after i installed subzero too.

i think 3dfire has gone through a revision, but i havent been keeping up. maybe ill give it a whirl.

i reinstalled hardware doctor and it was working fine.
didnt try abit eq reinstall cause i dont have it on hard drive and didnt feel like finding an IDE cable for my cdrom. might not work, some say definately not. try reinstalling it.

where could i find the 22 revision bioses? i only found 21s when i looked... sorry if its obvious.

Back