• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MitchV

I just snagged this from Newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-287R&depa=0

The description states that it's Mushkin Level2. In the user comments a person says that they've mislabeled the memory. I called Newegg and they assured me that the model number is correct.

I figured it was worth the chance to get some BH-5 memory.

What do you think? If it's the incorrect model number, I can always send it back.

Well I'm assuring you that it is not Bh-5. Those are the Special 222 Bh-6's that Mushkin has out as a "replacement" for their Bh-5's. Bh-6's do moderately good with enough voltages applied, (compareable to Bh-5). But those are not Bh-5's. It is mislabeled. There are NO Bh-5's being sold by any manufacturer at this time. =[

They are refurbished and the model number Newegg is using (991031) is for Level 2, not the Special 2-2-2.

If they have incorrectly labeled the model number, I'll send them back. I even called to double check. If they have not labeled it incorrectly, then it's BH-5, no?

Sorry, didn't catch the refurbished part..............

There could be a chance that you may score some Bh-5's. But I highly doubt it. I called to double check on the new Special 222's they were labeling as Mushkin Lvl II black (bh-5's) to see if they were Bh-5. They assured me the ad was correct & it's not Special 222. Sure enough, when they arrived, Special 222!!

If they have not labeled it incorrectly, then it's BH-5, no?

Hopefully, but nobody could give you a definate answer. Have to wait & see. ;)

Right. The description states Lvl. 2, but the picture, if you enlarge it, is a picture of BH6 2-2-2 Special ram (which is still damned nice stuff).

Back