• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3200+ on 8rda

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rosieox

Registered
I'm currently running an 2100+ at 204 X 12 with my 8RDA rev 1.1. Will I be able to run a 3200+ 400 by manually adjusting the FSB?

Last edited:
If you can hit 204 with 2100+, you should hit at least 200 with 3200+.
Try default 3200+ multiplier of 11 first then go on from there. Good luck.

(You probably know that 2500+ should overclock not too far below 3200+ and that mobile Bartons overclok more than 3200+...)

Here's my crazy story when I went and upgraded my CPU.

Very recently I swapped out my 2100+ for a 2500+ Barton. I had one hell of a time getting the thing stable because I failed to realise my older bios version did NOT support Bartons!!!

Every reboot ended with the "siren" telling me something was up.

I had to hit my insert key to clear the bios. OK. Made my changes to the bios setup. Reboot. Siren again!

Because I had to hit the insert key every time I wanted to boot into Windows it would also disable EVERYTHING on the mobo. No floppy... no USB.... no NIC.... no nothing.

So, I pulled down the latest and greatest Bios from Epox (on my other PC) and I had to burn the darn thing on a CD. Remember, no floppy.

Had to flash while I was still in XP using winflash utility. Flash worked great!

Went into the bios hit the "Load Optimised Defaults" and hit "save changes"... rebooted.

SUCCESS!!! It finally recognized the CPU as a 2500.

I have since upped it to 3200+ specs with just a slight bump in the CPU Voltage. Stable as a rock.

I am running Mushkin DDR3200 "222" RAM. REALLY awesome stuff.

Back