• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phase Change

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

insecure^

Yeah im building a new comp soon and my friend wants to help with phase change on it. But I said those cost like 500 bucks and he said we could make one for like 100 ourselves because they're sorta like a refrigerator. And I dunno... like what do you all think about this?

Its not that importaint its just if im building a new system, thats already gonna cost enough money and I am gonna oc it so I want some sort of cooling.

An importand consideration is that you could certainly overclock without use of vaporphase cooling such as were discussing here. Even high end air cooling or water cooling would certainly provide an acceptable oveclock. With high end air cost is certainly far less than any vapor phase solution. If you've never overclocked a machine before you should start with air cooling and learn the basics before you spend alot of time and money delving into the extreme end of things.

Yeah I dunno... my friend has oc'd many things so yeah.... I think I will go with fans, or watercooling.

doesent he look cute in his pic? lol but yeah its just like a freezer isnt it? cuz i dont kno much about phase?

A chiller is certainly a good way to start with vapor phase cooling. I haven't dabled in it yet though I've worked with water cooling for a while and used pelts before, i plan on building a chiller and possibly a single stage cascade this summer.

Make a chiller....it will be like 10x easier and their are millions of ways to do it! So be creative :)

Back