• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime95=Hardlock=cpu ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

THunDA

Hi guys..

For a while I was running my mobile @ 11.5*220 @ 1.72vcore .. and it was prime stable for over a month.. then I needed to get another nf7 and it ended up to be one of the newer ones that dont oc that good.. luckly I had a freind with a older style nf7 with the mosfets near the sata and the metal cpu arm .. Which was just like my old one.. So he was nice enough to trade me since he doesnt oc much..

Well enough of that.. I have been testing and instead of getting errors in prime my system hard locks during prime at random times.. Ive run memtest and it passes fine.. even at 220...

my main question is..
Does the hard locks mean its a cpu problem..? more voltage ?

Im starting to think my mobile is dying.. or all of the sudden its in the need for more vcore..

Thunda

edit.. one more Q.. my windows install is a image made with ghost that was from my previous mobo.. even tho it was the same mobo model and version.. would that possibly affect my oc ?

Last edited:
what's your vdimm at? i usually find that upping my vdimm fixes the lock ups....have one of the newer nf7's...using 2.9v vdimm right now...

Ive tried 2.9 vdimm also.. Before I had my mobile I had a 2800 and the same ram was running 220mhz 2.9vdimm for months..

I guess im gona have to try and up the vcore more.. Just sux because when I first got this cpu it was running great with low vcore.. now its just hungry for more I guess..lol

btw.. what vcore are you running at 221*10?

Thanks for the reply..

Thunda

your fsb is too high.. notch it back by one or two.. that would certainly cause the lockups. i too lock up some times, if i go one fsb notch more on my current multi (never prime stable when it doesnt lock up)

sux.. but yea.. each board is diff...

hmm mobile losing stability? i havent noticed anything wierd with my mobile, but i have seen a few that said they lost stablility (both mobile and desktop cpu's).. ill see if i can do some research for ya and let u know what i find..

good luck:)

well its definitaly the cpu.. I ran prime last night @

10*220 @ 1.75vcore 11-2-2-2 @ 2.9vdimm and 1.6vdd

And it passed 16 hours with no errors.. then I setup 3Dmark01 to loop and it crashed to desktop in like 2 mins.. upped the vcore to 1.775 and it looped 3dmark for about 2 hours..

So I think my once nice oc'n mobile now needs more vcore to even run at 2.2...

My mobile = my weakest link now :(

Thunda

Back