• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Multiplier wont change?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadM0nk3yyy

Registered
K i know what you are thinking that its locked and all, but when i changed my multiplier from 10.5 to 11 and booted to windows, in GCPUID said the multi was still 10.5. When I go into bios after I restarted again the multi was at 11 still. Whats the deal? Im running a AMD 3000+ 400fsb barton, on a ASUS a7n8x-e Deluxe, CORSAIR xms pc 3200 ram.

You know what the steepings on your chip are and the date it was made , there on the chip. it probly locked and just booting at the stock Multi even tho your tryed to change it

Welcome TO the Forum

In GCPUID it says my steppings are 0 and i purchased this cpu about a month ago from newegg

You chip is multiplier locked because it's not what you can change it to inside BIOS, it's what multiplier you have while you're in Windows...

Your chip was probably made in 2004 and they started locking almost all of them made after week 30-something in 2003.

The only way to get the most out of it is to get quality RAM that can go way into 200s FSB.

Is there anyway to overclock my pc 3200 corsair XMS ram to get a some higher FSB ratings?. Its at 200x10.5 right now perfectly stable.

When you change the FSB...you are OCing the memory...There is no way to physically change the memory's default Mhz...(example: changing PC3200 to PC3500 without changing the FSB)

So to OC your memory...you will have to up the FSB...

I try ocing past 200 fsb but when i start running 3dmark01 on loops it will freeze and give me blue screen of death. Whats next? Raise the ram voltage from 2.6 to 2.7? My timings are at 2-3-3-6.

210x10.5 is 2205
220x10.5 is 2310

You will definetly have to up the core voltage to run at those speeds since your CPU is locked...

I upped it to 1.7 at 205 and ran 3dmark01 for maybe 20 min then my BLUE SCREEN of DEATH. Should I up the Ram Voltage also?

Try looser ram timings, IE 11 3 3 2.5, 2.7-2.9v through the ram, and 1.75 vcore, maybe 1.85 if you realy want a high oc.

so if i loosen the ram timings and up the ram voltage. I can overclock to say 220 fsb when my ram is pc3200? COOL

Back