• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600 M AWFUL. Cant do stock :( grr

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gogeta_G3D

WTF! I just put in the 0348TPMW from newegg. when i first put it in, bios showes 6x100 @ 1.575v ? i tried running it at stock 1.45v @ 2ghz, it wouldnt even make it past boot up. computer would just shut off and give that damn siren sound. I tried 15x133 @ 1.6v, wouldt go past boot up. wtf, i just RMA the damn thing, im not buying from newegg again, excalibur got me the 1700+ that could do 2.4ghx, im gonna order from thm again, this sucks

Gogeta_G3D said:
WTF! I just put in the 0348TPMW from newegg. when i first put it in, bios showes 6x100 @ 1.575v ? i tried running it at stock 1.45v @ 2ghz, it wouldnt even make it past boot up. computer would just shut off and give that damn siren sound. I tried 15x133 @ 1.6v, wouldt go past boot up. wtf, i just RMA the damn thing, im not buying from newegg again, excalibur got me the 1700+ that could do 2.4ghx, im gonna order from thm again, this sucks

slow down there, chief.

what are your temps?

Besides your temps...What BIOS are you running and what settings are you trying the mobile at...

I have no problem running my 2600 mobile on my NF7-S rev 2.0 at 2.6Ghz at 1.77v's...with PC3200 Kingston Value Ram...running at 225FSB 8-3-3-3...

i just tried 1.75v, 12x200, same stting as my 1700+, crash!

Temps right now, 45'C idle. its running @ 800mhz, 6x133 @ 1.575v, optimized default setting.

even if i did a **** poor job applying ac3 etc,, , it should still at least do its stock settings, 1.45v @ 2ghz. hell, when i first got my 1700+ i didnt even know to use grease, all i used was the slk-900, as now, with a crappy 80mm case fan. the damn thing ran for days, until i read somewhere online about thermal grease.

WTF< i just checked the temp in sandra, now it says 34'c, a 11 degree fluctuation in 1 minute at idle? this chip is definanly going back.

glock19owner said:
Besides your temps...What BIOS are you running and what settings are you trying the mobile at...

I have no problem running my 2600 mobile on my NF7-S rev 2.0 at 2.6Ghz at 1.77v's...with PC3200 Kingston Value Ram...running at 225FSB 8-3-3-3...

imusing the latest bios from abit web site.

You do have the aux. +12 plugged into the MB correct?...

Also...have you ran memtest86 ot make sure it is not the ram?

glock19owner said:
You do have the aux. +12 plugged into the MB correct?...

Also...have you ran memtest86 ot make sure it is not the ram?

no its not the ram, everything was working perfect 1/2hour ago with my old xp1700 in it.

Whats your voltage rails?

I am getting ready to replace my Tt PSU because it wont keep stable +12 rails...

And have you tried fail safe then set the CPU to 133x15 (CPU default setting)?

glock19owner said:
Whats your voltage rails?

I am getting ready to replace my Tt PSU because it wont keep stable +12 rails...

And have you tried fail safe then set the CPU to 133x15 (CPU default setting)?

already listed those. i tried 133x15, @ even 1.757v , nothing.

have you tried to boot up in fail safe mode?...(BIOS settings)...load up fail safe boot up settings...then change the CPU to 15x133 and the core to 1.475 (NF7's under volt)...dont change anything else except the CPU mult/fsb.voltage after loading fail safe options...

yes yes, i used optimized defaults. is there a difference? i went in there, tried 15x133 from 1.45v to 1.75v, nothing, crash, siren.

Gogeta_G3D said:
yes yes, i used optimized defaults. is there a difference? i went in there, tried 15x133 from 1.45v to 1.75v, nothing, crash, siren.

There is a difference...fail safe options load up just the bare min. the BIOS will need to boot up...optimized is like tweak factory BIOS settings...

Also...didnt catch this before...

Gogeta_G3D said:
WTF< i just checked the temp in sandra, now it says 34'c, a 11 degree fluctuation in 1 minute at idle? this chip is definanly going back.

Are you sure your heatsink is seated correctly...you positive that you dont have it one backwards...yes it is possible...I actually installed my 900A backwards one time and it would beep and reboot right when the CPU had a load on it when booting up...

Did you use thermal paste with the heatsink? That's another thing that will cause high temps.

If the noise you heard is the evil 2-tone siren it might be a simple problem found out by Sentential. Check out the link _here_.

Good luck.

im gonna take the whole damn thing apart, and put it together one more time, grrrr. ill post later. thanks all.

hmm, maybe it was the temp diode afer all, or I also noticed the nb fan was not mobing...could that be it? i played with the fan with my fingers and it started moving again, go figure. I also raised the temp diode. so now i dont know if it was the lowered diode or the nb fan failiure causing probelms:

right now im at 2ghz, 15x133, 1.45v in bios. temps are 32'c as im writing this, 12v 3.3v and 5v are all within spec. Im scared to oc now, wish me luck.

Back