• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brand new NF7-S 2.0 wont boot, beep, anything, no display...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

qsda

what could be the problem here? i hope newegg didnt ship me some refurb stuff. all the lights comes on, and the fans run.

i checked out the radeon 9600xt on a diff computer it works, bought some brand new rams wont do anything...also tried some old ddr's still nothing.

could messed up rams mess up the whole mobo?

I had the same problem, spent a half hour of hell with no post, removed ram, video card etc trying to get even an error beep, after I removed all it produced an error beep, reinstalled everything and it posted fine and has ever since, most likely something not seated properly is my thought, recheck all connections and reseat the memory and try it again.

-Milkman

it doesnt give me anything even when i only have the cpu, single ram, graphics card, and psu connected.

you know how the mobo beeps when theres no memory installed? well this one doesnt do that either.

Sounds kinda like the motherboard is grounding out. By any chance do you have the washers on the stand off screws on. If not take the board out and put them on then try it. Also while you have it out keep the CPU in and the ram add the video card and HDD and try to boot.

still no luck...could it be the 9600xt?

you still get a beep even if the graphics card messed up right?

its wasnt the memory.

i just somehow think its not the mobo.

any ideas guys?

try another CPU and/or video card...

And it is possible to ruin a motherboard by installing a bad CPU or video card and/or memory, then powering up...

Sound like the ever infamous BIOS death. Dont feel bad. Ive gone thru three that way:cry:

Nothing hurts more than a cold-booting mobo... sorry to hear

i have another cpu, and a f'd up asus a7n8x (new) that's giving me bios checksum error - which is on its way to newegg for rma - tried the 9600xt on that mobo and still gives me the error so i guess the video card working. right? so what could possible the problem? 2 brand new dead mobos or something else in the setup thats not right? maybe the psu? as far as i can tell, the mobo powers up, all the fans run...

glock19owner said:
And it is possible to ruin a motherboard by installing a bad CPU or video card and/or memory, then powering up...

is that rare though? or pretty common.
if so, my memory killed both mobos...'cause on the 1st boots, i only used 1 specific ram, which is 1gb corsair xms dual.

if it was bad, yes the odds are that you could of killed the MB(s)...just ran into this last week at a friends shop...someone took a 2700 in for a return...stated it would reboot when set to default settings...friend test it out on his MSI board...boots up runs fine...takes it out and trys it in a Abit NF7-S...CPU refused to boot when set to default...took the 2700 out...put it in the MSI...MSI MB is dead...try the 2700 in the NF7...NF7-S is dead (not corrupted BIOS...but physically dead)...so that one bad CPU killed 2 MB's in less then 10 minutes...and odds are killed the customers board since they stated their new MB wouldnt boot with the old CPU after messing with the 2700...

so was the dead mobos' actually powering up and running but wasnt posting? i mean like the lights would go off, and the cpu fan starts spinning but no post or errors?

mine still lights up, and cpu fans spins.

Back