• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2000mhz goal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dumbfish

sounds easy but on a 266 bus or should i say 133 system clock?
well everyone on here says 133fsb.i can't figure that out.
anyway i have two mobos both are max 133 fsb.ecs k7s5a pro mobos.
i need 2000 mhz out of each of them this will make them easier for me to sell them without educating people.

my plan is to buy two 2000 xp mobiles with the 256 cache.this is because i like the price .and no i dont want to buy the 2400 barton-m its too much money.my question is with cheap ram i expect to get a 200mhz oc out of each pc.am i being realistic?i have put alot of thought in this.im looking to put the voltage at 1.75 and the multi at 15.i dont think this chipset will do well going over 133 fsb.so 15 x 133.
and btw im gonna use cheap cooling.
should my plan work?

k7s5a couldn't adjust multipliers, can k7s5a pro?

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59502

2100+ B is the cheaper alternative to Bartons. It's multiplier unlocked.

PC2100 RAM usually doesn't go into 150s FSB unless it's a mislabeled PC2700 stick.

So if you have cheap PC2100 RAM, you'll need a high range of multipliers and the only cheap nForce2 that will give you access without mods is a Soltek nForce2.

Also, Thoroughbreds need half-way decent cooling. While retail Barton heatsinks are somewhat OK for moderate OCing, T-Bred heatsinks are no good for noticeable overclocks.

Socket mods will solve all of your issues.

Yes, I think its possible. Might not even need that much voltage.

2100+ B is the cheaper alternative to Bartons. It's multiplier unlocked.
i wouldnt know if it was a 2100 b or just a 2100 so i could get a locked one.the 2000 mobiles are all unlocked.

Socket mods will solve all of your issues
exactly what my plan was

nobody said i couldnt change the multi with socket mods they said you cant change it in the bios.

That'll take some work. The highest fsb that I've heard of those boards running is 150. I've got a k7s5a running in my second rig and I haven't bothered to overclock it at all. As far as I can tell the multiplier on the 1700+ that I have in there is locked. The multiplier doesn't even show up in the bios. While I was using my 700 duron, though, the multiplier showed up in the bios. I just couldn't adjust it :(. These boards are definately not good overclockers.

Why not jsut buy standard 2400+'s not mobiles, they are like £45 new..
but those arent 2 ghz and they are most likely locked.how much is a 2000 xp mobile? in pounds?

well i have one with a tbred in it right now .im not sure if its locked or not but im going to try to oc it. i will let you know my results.

the 2400+ = 2ghz but then u would have to overclock it to get it to 2.4ghz

i see what your doing your overclocking computers to their PR ratings then selling them as 2ghz or whatever their PR is

the 2400 tbred is ok 2ghz at $72
the 2000 mobile is 1.67ghz at $60

the goal is to get 2ghz at least cost but now that you have all said what you said im thinking about the cache of the 2500 barton but its only 1.83ghz and i dont know if i can get to 2ghz with these cheapo boards and its 75$ i just dont think that would work because first off its a 333 and if it comes locked im most likely screwed.
if i can get the 2000 mobile to work its my best bet if not i will need the 2400.

2100+ Desktop Thoroughbred B is cheaper than $60, overclocks to 2.3 GHz with adequate cooling and is always multiplier unlocked.

Also, if your mobo is like the k7s5a which only does FSB overclocks even with unlocked CPUs, you most likely will not get even into mid 150s FSB with cheapest PC2100 RAM.

can anyone tell me how or give me a link for a 2100 desktop thoroughbred b? where i can buy it guareenteed unlocked because if i buy a 2100 and its locked..........................................

As long as it's not a Palomino, it'll be multiplier unlocked.

If it's locked, you'd be the first one to see a locked 2100+ B anywhere ever.

ok so ALL tbreds are unlocked is what you are trying to say.not bartons or palominos or durons.but you're are telling me that any tbred i buy that is a 2100 will be unlocked? i dont know how you know its a b or a or whatever im thinking that if i buy a 2100 without looking at numbers on the chip i will be get a unlocked chip no luck its automatic.
the reason im being funny is i thought ALL chips after week 43 were locked unless its a fx.or alot of luck.

Not all tbreds are unlocked, but the 2100+'s are. With the others there is a chance of being locked. Why do you want to overclock it anyway? It shows up as a 2000+, and I doubt they will be messing around in places that will say its only 1.67ghz. Just say that the + means thats how fast it is, just just takes less cycles to do it and thats why it reads as a lower speed.

would be best to just clock them to 2ghz i have to be honest.ok this
this choose is 58$
the 2400 tbred is ok 2ghz at $72
the 2000 mobile is 1.67ghz at $60
still seams like the mobile would be a better choice now 2$ isnt much.
what is the volt diff.
2000m 1.67ghz@ 1.45v $60 256 cache
2100 1.73ghz @ 1.65v $58 256 cache
2400 2 ghz @ 1.65v $72 256 cache

i still think the mobile is a little better
but thanks im glad to know now that i can get desktop chip that is unlocked.

Last edited:
Back