• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hilf Mir! Hilf Mir! (Help Me)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChiefScout

haha not really much up with the title but it's an attention getter...sorta lol

Anyways I've been planning and ordering parts to build my own custom R404a direct die unit. The compressor I bought was a brand new Embraco 1/5 HP compressor, small condenser that will fit in a server tower, and i'm going to be building a custom evap.

Anyway I thought that the compressor would come without any oil because it's brand new, but oh was I wrong. Here is my problem, the compressor is rated for R134a but I want to use a bettter gas than that to acheive lower temps.

I know that 1/5th hp is borderline weak for R404a but I'm willing to try. Anyways would I need to swap oil to use R404a? If I do, I just won't use it, i'll go with another gas. Anyone know what gasses will work with r134a type oil?

Thanks a ton you guys :D

and yse, you can use r404a without an oil change

but get a good condenser, a small one might not cut it

hmm thanks for the info. Do you know of any other gas that would be easier to turn to liquid than R404a....isnt like R404b a lot easier.....yet only gets like -20 temps or somethin. I'm not too sure if using a smaller condenser is an option, cause I really wanna have this computer and cooling setup all fit inside a full tower atx case so I can take it around to lans with me.

you can use r290 (propane)
but r404a or r507 (which is even higher pressure) are much better

you shoudl be fine with 404a

how big is it? wat fan do you plan on using
you can compensate for low surface area with high airflow

not sure about r404b...

those ar eherefishey's condensers right? i guess they are fine then

not sure O_O

just get some decent airflow

awesome, everythings perfect then....now to making my own custom evap. Could I make one out of some of the copper stock at dangerden? The dimensions are kinda small...but if i sandwich two....

i guess, if you can braze well and make evyerhitng fit
why not just buy a big block and get a cnc mill from school

its a possibility...teacher is kind of a deusch bag, but I could try. I was thinking of just making one out of a drill press. haha this guy on that vr site did that for a dual cascade system and got -111C. I was just wondering about the dimensions, oh and where can you buy metal stock for a good price. (copper 110)
I havent found anywhere besides dangerden. thx

try local shop. Where i live, there is a junk metal yard, got almost everything there at a good price and in small quantity if needed. Otherwise, try calling machine shop in your area and see if they can sell you some (pre cut or no).

Back