• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair XMS pc4000 worth the Money?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadM0nk3yyy

Registered
Should I get the Corsair XMS pc 4000 1gb dual channel for 356 on newegg? Is it worth the money? Or is there better ram for a better price? I need faster ram to overclock my current AMD 3000+ 400fsb barton. My Corsair XMS pc3200 doesn't do well at anything after 200fsb. So any suggestions are welcome.

Why doesn't your Corsair XMS 3200 do well above 200MHz? What timings and what voltages have you tried it with?

Corsair XMS 4000 would, putting it basically, be a waste of money. There would be alot of better things out there, such as OCZ's new (coming to a NewEgg near you sometime soon) EB-series DDR-400/DDR-433/DDR-466. There isn't any ideal lower cost (expect high to sky high initial pricing for OCZ's EB memory) replacements unless you do alot of searching, which brings to ask why is your XMS 3200 doing poorly?

something is odd......

I can get Corsair XMS pc-4000 1gb for 369$ canadian......
I think its the 3-4-4-8 timings not sure

if u want 250 at 3-4-4-8 timings, there are alot cheaper alternatives.. for example hynix bt-d43 chips on kingston valuram,
or samsung pc3700, will run those speeds. plus i dont know for sure, but some of the newer promos/mosel chips are supposed to be very promising for lower latencies at higher speeds..

Back