• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

falcx

My rig is in my specs and Im lookin to get a little more performance out of the ram. I havent done any OC'ing besides my vid. Is this mem good or should I just buy some better stuff.

Meh, It IS Kingston ram. you could get some mild overclocks out of it. My pc2700 valueram did CAS 2 at like 185fsb. Not too shabby for being rated at cas 2.5 and 166fsb.

OK so 2 questions then:

1. If i was to overclock, what settings do I need to change, and what should I shoot for??

2. If I was to buy new memory, Im lookin at 2x512 dual. What would be the recommended ram for no higher than $400.

well it'll be harder to OC with 4 sticks instead of 2 but heres wut u can try, set your divider to 3:2 and max out your vdimm..then raise your FSB till u cant boot or get errors in Prime95 then raise your vcore a tad bit and go to a reasonable OC...then come back with results and i can help with more..oh yeah set your GAT settings to a-a-a-d-d

Meh, It IS Kingston ram. you could get some mild overclocks out of it.
Umm d00d.... be careful how you word stuff. I know watcha mean.. but pplz like my Have Hynix KHX ValueRAM

I dont think that 243mhz is a bad OC for PC3200.

OK so 2 questions then:

1. If i was to overclock, what settings do I need to change, and what should I shoot for??

2. If I was to buy new memory, Im lookin at 2x512 dual. What would be the recommended ram for no higher than $400.

What does ur RAM say? anything on the inividual ICs? Mine sez Hynix.... what does urs say?

Back