• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Letters on XP-M may be important??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gogeta_G3D

I just counted up all the mobile that were listed in the oc result list, regardless of model, stepping, date, just the letters, that got 2.7Ghz or higher. i got this:

spmw 1 1 1
WPFW 1
VPMW 1 1 1
MPMW 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
RPMW 1
XPEW 1
XPMW 1

i suppose its safe to assume that if the other ones were able to hit 2.7ghz equaly well, people would have listed the highest oc.
again, im just trying to makes sense of this madness and maybe find a pattern. I do think any MPMW is likely to do over 2.6ghz, i searched on google and most were very good oc. maybe im imagining things, but its a start i guess.

Here what I got for 2.6Ghz: again, regardless of model, cooling, stepping, etc... just those four letter:

TPMW 1 1 1
MPMW 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
SPMW 1 1 1
WPFW 1
WPMW 1 1
VPMW 1 1 1 1
XPMW 1 1
RPMW 1
XPEW 1
VPAW 1
UPMW 1 1 1 1 1

I've always maintained that those four letters do mean something, and just because we don't know what, doesn't mean they're unimportant.

Thanks man for your observations!

I just ordered on of these and will see what we get sooner.

:)

RafaDel said:
Thanks man for your observations!

I just ordered on of these and will see what we get sooner.

:)

cool. I did too. do you know your full stepping? mine is from excalibur, 0351MPMW.

Also, newegg is shipping TPMW 2600+. Every single chip Ive seen that ends in TPMW was very bad oc. I got one, best it can do is 2.5ghz @ 1.95v.

correlation

Is there a correlation btwn those chips and one particular Mobo or Memory?

It would of course be in the best intrest of OC'n to know that.

musk

your logic is flawed. no ones sees this ????

you have to also state how many DIDN"T reach 2.7ghz. maybe AMD ships out 90% of MPMW?? if thats the case, then MPMW is actually the worst. you get it???

its like saying honda's are the number one car stolen at 50%. but if 99% of the population of the people own honda's, then the chances or YOUR honda being stolen is far less with so many other hondas out there

jjyiz28 said:

you have to also state how many DIDN"T reach 2.7ghz. maybe AMD ships out 90% of MPMW?? if thats the case, then MPMW is actually the worst. you get it???

its like saying honda's are the number one car stolen at 50%. but if 99% of the population of the people own honda's, then the chances or YOUR honda being stolen is far less with so many other hondas out there

yeah its not perfect. I wish I knew details like that, would make things easier.

I have a 2600 XPMW that does 2.6Ghz at 1.77v's...2.65 at 1.82...still OCing so dont know what my max is right now...

Gogeta_G3D said:
Also, newegg is shipping TPMW 2600+. Every single chip Ive seen that ends in TPMW was very bad oc. I got one, best it can do is 2.5ghz @ 1.95v.

The 1700+ TPXW's did notably worse than most other steppings.

Sentential said:
I think I see a pattern

the chip with the lowest letter seems to OC the best

M comes b4 R
The 1700+ XPMW's did better than all else, AFAIK.

It's very difficult to find a pattern, however, there's no doubt that the four-letter codes have some significance.

Gautam said:

The 1700+ TPXW's did notably worse than most other steppings.

The 1700+ XPMW's did better than all else, AFAIK.

It's very difficult to find a pattern, however, there's no doubt that the four-letter codes have some significance.

yeah, the WPMW on the 1700+ did even better. I used to subscribeto lowyat, a malaysian forum. WPMW were THE stepping to have. the amd chips are made in malaysia, so these people had all the know about the chips. my 1700+ xpmw did 2.3ghz, my wpmw did 2.4ghz. there were people on those boards that did 2.5ghz with very little voltage. Im not sure if the same pattern applies to the xp-m bartons though.

and yeah, now to think of it, any chip remember seing that was TXXX generaly was not a good performer.

Check this out, this guy at amdb found this out. I knew TPMW was crap. and btw, the one excalibur has now is the 0351MPMW 2600+.

"""""I just received my 2500+ mobile IQYHA 0352 MPMW processor from www.excaliberpc.com. This processor is what the mobile 2500+ is all about. I currently have this processor running stable @ 11 x 235 (2585mhz) stable with only 1.75 volts. I am sure it can do more but right now I am going to let it burn in at this speed.

This is my second mobile 2500+ and it blows my first one away. My first mobile 2500+ was a IQYHA 0347 TPMW from newegg.com and it would only do 2415 stable with 1.9 volts.

Anyway, the 2500+ mobile IQYHA 0352 MPMW processor from www.excaliberpc.com is the way to go if you want a nice overclocker. """

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=315377

Emericana said:
you cant get that cpu anymore.... you can get a 0351 2600+ tho which looks like a great ocer... however it is $105

thats what i said, didnt I?

What steppings are in newegg now?? Does anyone know??

I am going to buy M-2500 and I don't want to get TPMW:)

If I buy 5 processors, will I get them with the same stepping?? or maybe they are random?

jjyiz28 said:

Well you may be right but if you look at what ExcaliberPC is doing you will find out that the MPMWs are the most expensive ones there... So it should mean some thing isn't?

thats weird..

This one is $102
AMD Mobile Athlon XP2600 Processor (Tray) (IQYHA:0348TPMW)

and this one is.. $105
AMD Mobile Athlon XP2600 Processor(Tray) (IQYHA:0351MPMW)

Its like they know the MPMW ones are better.. charging $3 more..lol

Back