• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Mod Gallery

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
this still needs some work and i plan to make a bright red hard drive indicator inside the front fan. Not sure what do you with the cd roms i might make a hinged door to cover them.

the lcd is a 4 x 20 with serial back pack and i use my own vb application to read the shared memory from motherboard monitor.

here before i painted it and fitted the front shroud

newcase1.jpg

newcase2.jpg

i painted it black and it turned out quite good for me.

newcase3.jpg
newcase4.jpg

still need to paint the top.

forget the koolance exos on the top i was just using it to compare my dit water cooling rig.

i got a pic of mine painted...
my_casesmaller.jpg

i plan on getting some red LED's to light it up and a larger fan (120mm ducted pulling air from the HS) on the HS... was gonna make a new one or buy one but money :-/

Here's my water cooling system just finished it , the swiftech 330 gph pump leaks just making a note of that.
Need to add a couple more things I just wanted a basic clear case.
2.4 ghz running at 35 c to 41 c load
wcnight6.jpg

2002 Syrinix.

Specs:

XP1800
EpoX 8K7A+
2 x 256MB Corsair PC2400
IBM 60GXP 60GB
Plextor PlexWriter 16/10/40A
Floppy
Powerman 300W PSU

Cooling:

Eheim 1048
DangerDen Maze2
DangerDen northbridge block
DangerDen GF3 block
DangerDen heatercore
1/2" Silicone tubing
15mm copper bends and copper T for airtrap/refill.
220/12V relay to switch on the pump with the computer.
Heatspreader in copper on the GF3 so the waterblock also cools the RAM on it.
127mm ventilation duct with an integrated Y.S. Tech 120mm fan (heavily modded to fit inside) running at 7V.

Mods:

Removed 3.5" bays.
Moved HDD and floppy to 5.25" bays.
Custom made faceplates for floppy and CD-RW.
Rounded cables.
Custom made frontplate in copper to replace the old one that was full of holes (quite similar to a cheeze) 😁
Custom made attachment to install pump hanging vertically.
Front blowhole with EL-wire as fanguard.
Window with 2.5m EL-wire around it.
2 green cold cathodes.

Some pics:

wc_024.jpg
wc_025.jpg

wc_032.jpg

wc_021.jpg

More images from the work here

2002 Anemone

This is a conversion of a 1946 Bush DAC 90 bakelite radio into a home entertainment PC. The big brass buttons on the front are power and reset switches, between them in the round window are 200 red LEDs which belongs to two 10-channel spectrum analyzers connected to the left and right channel on the sound card. Above the spectrum analyzers which are embedded in clear cast resin is a modified CrystalFontz 634 LCD (converted from green to red and inverted). A slim line cd-rom player is located under the round brass plate.

Specs:

Intel Celeron-II 800MHz
Shuttle FV-24
2 x 128MB PC-100
10GB HDD
24X IBM Slim line laptop CD-ROM
140W mATX PSU

anemone_64.jpg

anemone_50.jpg

anemone_51.jpg

anemone_44.jpg

anemone_53.jpg

Video clips:

Low quality mpeg clip (2.4MB)

High quality mpeg clip (14MB)

Links:

Full worklog with 60 more pics

Oenone built 2002

This project is a 1996 Silicone Graphics O2 workstation with an original 17.3" widescreen LCD monitor converted to a gaming machine.

Externally, the only hint of a modification is that the audio and video ports on the left hand side has been replaced with a dark blue piece of plastic. When powered up, blue light will flood from all air intakes and the dark blue piece of plastic will reveal a Noritake graphical VFD.
The most significant modification can only be seen from behind - a new chassis made out of Carbon Fibre...

Specs:

Intel P4 2.4 GHz
Intel D850EMD2
2 x 256MB Kingston PC1066 RDRAM
Ati Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB
80GB Western Digital HDD with 8MB cache
16X Toshiba DVD-ROM
Sparkle 300W 1U PSU

Mods:

Complete stealth mod, when the computer is powered off, only the backside will look different from an original Silicon Graphics O2 Workstation.
Chassis made out of carbon fibre.
Noritake graphical VFD.
4 x 4" blue CCFLs illuminating the internals.

Cooling:

1 x YSTech 70mm TMD fan mounted on a Swiftech MCX4000 heatsink cooling the CPU.
1 x Akasa 1U Copper HSF mounted on the ATI 9700 PRO
1 x 80mm aluminium housed fan for cooling the case

oenone_069.jpg

oenone_082.jpg

oenone_080.jpg

oenone_064.jpg

oenone_052.jpg

A full writeup with 82 pics can be found here

This project started when Intel contacted me regarding a case to show off their new Pentium 4 3.06GHz with. I couldn't let down this nice offer so brainstorming mode was next on the agenda.

After a while I got the idea, why not put a 3GHz computer inside the digit three...

Specs:

Intel P4 3.06GHz
Intel D845PEBT2
512MB generic DDR333
ATI Radeon 9700 PRO
Seagate Barracuda V 80GB S-ATA
LiteON External USB2.0 40x/12x/40x CDRW
QTec 400w PSU Gold

Mods:

Complete custom case made out of watercut anodised aluminium.
2 x 12" blue CCFLs illuminating the internals from Kustom PCs.

Cooling:

1 x YSTech 70mm TMD fan mounted on a Vantec Aeroflow VP4-C7040 heatsink cooling the CPU.

Pics:

3_030.jpg

3_031.jpg

3_032.jpg

3_034.jpg

3_035.jpg

Links:

Click here for more pics and a write-up

Main rig:

case01.jpg

casemb01.jpg

Server:

casemod.jpg

Here's what it used to look like:

caseorg.jpg

Just some minor mods on my main (LEDs, fan grills removed), and paint on my server along with some extra fan holes.

Last edited:
Well heres my Rig.
ironman1.jpg

ironman2.jpg

Amd 2000+
256 PC 2700
MSI KT4VL
Soon to get a 5900fx
Maze4 SHD
Chevette HC
Maxi-jet 1200
idle @ 39c
load @ 42C

Oh yea I used Rit Whitener/Brightener for the UV WATER ACTION:cool:

Always a work in progress

I need to get some new pics up, but here is one before a few recent changes. I'll be back to edit/update when I get the new pics:

Last edited:
This is my first case mod ever. I saw a post on how to do this so I gave it a try. I was going to add a blowhole to my Antec 3700 case to help my CPU temps, but I figured why not add a window and some lights too.

Used Lexan glass and trim from the auto shop. Can't see that much cause of my huge fan, but I like it...Fun times case modding.

fb6e93d6.jpg

fb6e93d8.jpg

fb6e93d4.jpg

This is a few pics of my system (I hope the photos show up).
The case is a modified Gateway 2000 of 1998 or ’99 vintage.
My little brother had some Honda black paint sitting around his shop so I persuaded him to shoot it on this case. After a little creative paint mixing and two coats of clear, this is the result.

System Specs:
Amd 2100+ no overclock.
Aquarius II water cooling
Gigabyte GA-7VA motherboard
768 DDR ram
GeForce 4 MX 420 64meg AGP
SIL 0680 ATA RAID Controller
(2) 40gig IBM Deathstars striped
(2) 120gig WD on IDE-0
Pioneer A06 DVD burner-master on IDE-1
Lite-On 32x CD-RW-slave on IDE-1
Sony E540 21” monitor
Linksys LAN (cable internet thru router)
Dazzle Fusion

Here is a few more.

Last edited:
CrashOveride:

From the picture it looks like your radiator is half covered with your power supply?
I guess you could mount fans ontop and blow down onto the rad. It just seems that it is to close to your powersupply.

Quick69GTO:

Did you have to polish or sand that paint to get that shine out of it? That is a good paint job.

Quick 69 GTO, how quick?

This case originally didn’t have much texture on it so my brother roughed up the surface a little and the primer filled it smooth. Then he shot the color, wet sanded a little, then shot the clear. The first coat of clear had a few artifacts in it so he wet sanded again and shot another coat.
It came out perfect.
Remember though, this is all automotive paints and techniques applied to this case.
It may not work on all cases.

My GTO has been involved with a two year restoration at the moment. She should be done this winter.
She cracked a high 13 second quarter mile before the tear down.
Not bad for 5000 foot elevation (Colorado). She should run a high 12 or low 13 at sea level.
Laters.

Back