• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird stability problem with new BH5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoT

You can't fire me, I have
Just picked up some KHX3000 locally, checked it, and the chips even outright say BH-5, no remarking! :D

I'm having some problems, though. I set the RAM to 200/2-2-2-6/2.9v on my NF7-S. The board is overvolting it to 2.95, and it passes the first 5 tests in memtest86 fine, but I run my system a while and the system reboots--bwahh? :confused:

I tried upping the voltage on the chipset to 1.7, same problem. This proc has been stable at 200 FSB for months with other RAM, so I'm sure it's not at fault.

Do I just not have enough power running through my RAM, or is there some underlying problem that I don't know about? As always, your help is appreciated guys.

Hmm, I just stress tested with Sandra; 5 passes of cache and mem benchmark. No problems. I start to install Far Cry, it gets about halfway, I'm playing Winamp, and I open IE to come to the forums--bam, BSOD and reboot. I tried upping the chipset voltage to 1.7, and upping the cpu voltage by .025, same problem. I have the system running 6/5 with the memory at 333-11-2-2-2-2.9v, and it's stable. WTF?

u gotta remember BH-5 loves voltage more like 3.0-3.3v....ur RAM is underclocked right now thats why its stable...when you OC BH-5 its good to give it 3.0 or more volts...the stock for that RAM is 375MHz...you had it at 400MHz OC'd with 2.9v...you can still do this just give it more volts like 3.0 n up especially with 2-2-2 timmings

Problem is, the board's limit is 2.9, and I can't mod it because the board isn't mine.

Back