• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of memory should i get for my a64?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hrhrhrFOOT

I am gonna go to compusa and get some kvr. Should i get bh6 or hynix? BH6 has the infamous low timings at high fsb, but it needs a lotta volts to get there...
Hynix just goes up to really really high fsbs at decent timings. Which one to get for an a64? I am gonna be playing games a lot, and doing some 3ds max work.

This is with an a64-3000, a k8n pro, and a r9500 np.

wow I made a thread like that too. bh6 is useless at below 3 volts anyway. do you want to mod and risk killing your cpu? pc3700 is the best ram I can think of without mods. 2.5-3-3-7 timings but that thing should do 240-250fsb without mods anyway

What i want to know is if ram timings are as important to a64s as they are to axps.

CAS latency tends not to be, tRCD still is. If you are only going to use 256mb sticks, get Hynix, but if you're using a gig, only go for CH5/BH5/BH6, as you'd only get about 220-230 tops period.

Back