• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Damaged pelt?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

T'wolves

In an attempt to separate my waterblock from my peltier and cold plate, I have appeared to creat to hair line cracks on one side of the ceramic top, in a couple corners. This will break any waterproof seal, but shouldn't affect perfromance, I think. Could I just put a dab of super glue along the cracks to seal any possiable breaks in the seal, and lightly sand it flush again? I think that is my plan of action unless someone recommends otherwise. Thanks.

You better also check that it functions electrically too.
Inside there are traces that the current goes through, those could snap.

Yeah, I'd try the superglue trick, but I wouldn't trust it to run unsupervised anymore. It is possible that moisture could get inside TEC with some time. The glue won't hold it mechanically in the long run. The termal cycling will probably crack the glue in the end.

I guess you didn't read my advise of how to separate coldplates/TEC/CPU/heatsink ??

Use compessed air and aim for the joint between TEC/part with a thin nozzle. The assembly will almost fly apart so hold it carefully not to drop anything.

A word of warning: I wouldn't do this on a silicon sealed(soft sealed) TEC, the silicon might be sheared.

Back