• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheezboy

I haven't done much overclocking since I corrupted my registry hive a couple months ago and almost lost all my papers. However, I am looking to buy new RAM as this Corsair has been nothing but problems with my nforce2 motherboard. I am currently running at the old EPOX Bios before the corsair fix because the newer BIOS caused my memory to go out of sync and lag me in online games. It works fine with the older BIOS but I can't touch the memory timings or I won't be able to boot my computer. It is almost a trade off between overclocking and games.

Anyway... I am in the market for 1 gig of memory (2x512mb) and am having hard time deciding. I don't want to sell my life for BH-5 or BH-6 but I want some decent performance RAM. I will mostly just be gaming but I will probably overclock again once I get my courage back up.

This is what I have been looking at:

Mushkin 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-2700 Level II Dual Pack - Retail

Mushkin 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 Level One Dual Pack - Retail

Some OCZ but not sure what I want

I am also just considering getting some cheap buffalo for now and maybe just wait until DDR2 whenever that might be :p

What should I do?

Back