• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

xp-m 2500 temp question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hint

Hey, I just have a question on the temp readings cpu-z is giving me. I notice everyone shows their case and cpu temps, but I also have a cpu diode temp shown. I know this is a newbie question I just wanted to know exactly were that temp is coming from. Also my temps idle have been as low as diode 1, cpu 22, case 23 and never over 20, 40, 38 w/load even running in Prime, does this seem cool for a slk-947u w/92mm fan and 2 80mm case fans?(front intake rear outtake) Thanks for any info.

CPU diode temp (if your motherboard is reading it correct) comes from the DIODE insde the CPU itself.

If you dont have it set up right, they can be way off...
heck even when set up right they can be way off and a different BIOS version will read it way differently.

CPU diodes are not to be trusted, as they are PROVEN to be very inacrute. they are good for a good estamated temp, but taht is about it

Thanks for the info, I wondered how accurate temps around 1-2 degrees were it seemed very cool.

Back