• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Keep 512 bh-5 or do 1 gig generic?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

topslop1

I have 512mb mushkin pc 3500 black level 2 ram right now. I'm waiting on a power supply before I try to achieve my goal of 10x250. Now I know that newer games are sucking up more than 512mb ram and to be able to play them smoothly I'm going to need more. Because of the cost of bh-5 I couldn't afford another 512 stick anytime soon. So the question is this:

Sell off my 512 stick for $190 - $200 and pick up a gig of corsair value ram ?

I could run a fsb of 200 - 220 max and then do the highest multiplier I could get.

Is it worth it or should I just stick with my bh-5 until I can afford another 512 in a few months?

by the time you can afford it, itll be more than you can afford again, if available at all.

assuming you run programs which force you into virtual memery, I dont think it matters how fast or slow your ram is, the slowest ram in the world is faster than using virtual memory.

Id say it comes down to if you use your system in a way that warrents a need for more than half a gig.

but if not, I wouldnt bank on adding another stick of BH5 in the future.

Back