• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Premier 3200 ram. question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

awstrat

Hi i have OCZ3200 (CL2.5) Premier 2x256 Ram..

stock timings are 2.5-3-3-7..

rite now i'm running them at 190fsb at [email protected]

i think tehy'll run at 192fsb at the same timings and voltage

I have a nf7, and thinking about doing the vdimm mod and get like 3.1-3.2 volts is that dangerous for this kinda ram??

and on a side note, if i run at stock timings, at 200fsb
some games i play 'stutter' . Ie the intro to battle of proxycon (Game #2 3dmark) it'll be like jittery.. that's why i'm running at the low timings, it fixes the problem

the'res nothing wrong with the ram since i ran memtest and passed, and p95 and passed..

the ram can go to 220fsb maybe more at stock timings...so i know it's pretty good ram..

thnx for any feedback

One of my premiere sticks can do 225+ at 2.9 and stock timings other one was bad and I had to RMA it wouldn't do stock speed at 2.7. I wouldn't suggest pumping 3.3 through these sticks, they aren't BH5 chip under those spreaders.My system won't boot at over 200 FSB with 2,3,2,7. But it will boot at over 200 2.5,3,2,7. I've had it up to 231 but I think my chip gave up. I'll post back later today when I play around with my settings some more.

Anyone got any idea of what kind of chips this ram uses?

Edit: What kind of motherboard do you have. I find turning up the VDD to the chipset will allow for higher FSB and lower timings, I'm at 1.6v VDD on my Nforce2 and its running 221FSB. Changing the VDD to 1.6 allowed me to get lower timings at 200FSB than pumping more Vdimm.

Last edited:
I got an abit nf7

yeah , for me lowering chipset helps actually... i'm at 1.4 rite now and well id unno about memory.. but it helps oc the cpu.

Back