• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Normal AMD 2500+ temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tengard

Registered
What is the nominal temp for a retail box AMD Barton 2500+ running the retail box fan and not OC'ed at all? Is it uncommon to idle in the low 50C range?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, it is much appreciated! Quick question though. My 2500 mobile in my personal system OC'ed at 180x12.5 at 1.65V runs about 8C cooler then the stock 2500 desktop CPU in my other PC. If they are the same core and at the same voltage why would the OC'ed chip run cooler? They are both running the same fan as well.

It also depends on what sensors your using to get your temps.
MB readings are not always accurate and diff MB's may result in
diff temps.
I add 3 degrees just to be on the safe side.

Tengard said:
Thanks for the reply, it is much appreciated! Quick question though. My 2500 mobile in my personal system OC'ed at 180x12.5 at 1.65V runs about 8C cooler then the stock 2500 desktop CPU in my other PC. If they are the same core and at the same voltage why would the OC'ed chip run cooler? They are both running the same fan as well.

it might be because the mobile runs a 1.4v stock

so at any given overclock its still running lower vcore than a simulary overclocked 2500+

you would probably have to run 1.70 to 1.75 to get that clock with youre normal barton so higher temps

mmmm i think that makes sence :-/ :-/

Just out of curiosity what MB you using. Im using the msi kt6-delta and I think its reading temps wrong. Anyways if you want to lower it get a decent copper heatsink. Lap the bottom of it. I did it for the first time a week ago and lowered my temps by 5 degrees celsius. Use artic silver to reattach. You should get down to 47/37. But yes they run hotter. If you go to AMD site it says the max temp for that chip is 80c.

Back