• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500 mobile inquiry..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trypt

I've been running prime95 now for 2 hours (ok, not that long).. I have the chip at 200x12 at 1.8V (thats in bios, the actual voltage in the monitor shows 1.76).. in any case, is it safe to operate at this at all times? i mean do I have to OC only when I need the power, or can I just keep it at this voltage all the time (any lower volt won't pass even 1 min of prime95 at that setting, but it will load windows..

My temp right now is 50C (cpu) / 29C (case) on full load with all fans on full blast, and that goes up by about 3C for each 500RPM I lower on the cpu fan..

Now, if I have the cpu fan on full, and lower all the case fans to lowest setting, I get about 53C / 35C, and the room is MUCH quieter.. Is it safe to assume that when not doing heavy load I could run at 200x12 no problem with fans on low (remember, I get 53C on full load with all fans on low except for cpu fan, which is on full, that one really affects the temp it seems)

any help appreciated..

Here's what I do, but I am by no means a OC all knowing guy.

I run all my Tornados on the lowest setting my controller will allow, that is 2600 CPU fan, and 3000 for my 3 fans. I then close all my windows (San Diego can get hot) and run Prime 95 in torture test mode. Once it runs for awhile, say 2 hours, I then load up high quality max settings on my v/c and loop 3DMark2003 all night and most of the day. This will get the temps up real good, CPU and Case wise. So far this has worked for me, I just put my mobile 2500 in and run it at 2.3 and 1.65 volts.

Oh yeah I hit 49 full load during this test. Right now its at 41 idle with all my fans on low (normal setting) but I can get it into the 30s with them in full blast tornado mode.

the temps are very much ok

onli start to worry when they are in the 60s or 70s

Back