• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston HyperX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Terminat.

Currently my computer has two Nanya PC3200 256MB memory cards. Would it be worth changing them to hyperx? Apart from heat spreaders (About £1 to buy) what is the difference?

What HypeX are you thinking of changing to and what kind of rig are you running? Without any of that info there is no way anyone here could or would be able to provide you with any help. Give as much info as you can about your current rig, including cooling and power supply and I'm sure that you'll see comments and suggestions flying your way.

Specifications.

The specifications of my computer are:

Athlon XP 2800+ Barton Overclocked To 2.24Ghz 3200+ Barton. (Standard Cooling: Runs At 50C.).
Nanya 512MB DDR.
120GB Disk Drive.
Radeon 128MB 9600 Pro.

I am thinking of changing my computer's ddr to:
2 HyperX 512MB PC3200 CL2 DDR.

The Nanya DDR is able to go to CL3 at best though is there a significant difference?

Sorry to be so picky, but...

(1) What motherboard are you using?

(2) Is that a locked or unlocked Barton? I know all new ones are locked, but I don't know if they ever made unlocked ones.

(3) What fsb have you reached (stable). Question 2 & 3 are related.

(4) What are your other memory timings besides CL? This will give you a big indication of your incresed performance potential.

(5) PSU - generic or dependable?

The other thing you might want to consider besides ram if you are trying to improve performance is your cooling alternatives. I believe that you're stock setup is going to hold you back, no matter what ram you end up going with.

Last edited:
Back