• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are New Tbred XP2100s Locked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

linksep

I have not been readin up on the latest news for about a year (when I built the rig in my profile). I am about to order parts to replace the XP1700 in my sig (which is being given away) but If the new XP2100 is locked I'll put the new2100 proc in the 1700 box and use the 1700 with all the new parts and OC the **** out of it.

I did search and also read the first 5 pages of this thread but did not find exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance.

i haven't heard about this, but i wouldn't doubt it if they are... most of the processors are starting to get locked. a fried of mine bought one earlier this summer and his wasn't locked...

Well I have read about the Barton's being locked (and thus ordered a XP2400-M for my mom's new rig) but I can't seem to find out if the plain old 2100s are locked. I found info saying all AMD procs after week 23 2003 are locked but are they/were they still making 2100s, or are the 2100s N.O.S. (New Old Stock) that were produced long long ago?

All 2100+ B's ever are both multiplier unlocked and excellent overclockers.

The reason for this may be because there aren't any recently made 2100+s but I'm not for sure on the reason, I know they're all unlocked though...

Back