• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobil XP2500 won't overclock well

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

H2

I think I need some help! I just bought this Mobil XP2500 Barton from Newegg on 4/18/4 and I can only get to 2250mhz. I now have it stable in Prime95 at 2.0volts but if I drop the voltage to even 1.95 I will get a error within 30 minutes.

NF7-S rev 2
Mobil XP2500--Stepping IQYHA0347TPHW
Koolance Exos
Enermax EG-651
Kingston PC2700

166FSB x 13.5
Volt CPU 2.0
Volt Dram 2.9
Volt Chipset 1.6
Volt AGP 1.6
Mem timing 11-3-3-2.5
Using 5/5 divider

CPU on Bios says 50.5c running Prime95
Water Block says 33c
System temp says 30c

Any help is sure appreciated. I would like to get more performance out of it but not sure what to try now.
If I have to run this voltage and temp, do you think it will hurt anything.
Thanks!

:)

Have you tried a burn-in? Can you raise the multiplier and the FSB and still get the error (meaning does it happen with either)

another TXXX. Like ive pionted out elsewhere, the TXXX XPM steppings are crap. maybe the T=Trash?, hehe.

Thanks for that information Guys.
Yes, I get the error if I raise the FSB or the Multipler, it doesn't make any difference. The ram I am using is Kingston PC2700. One 512meg chip. I don't have any more info on the exact type of ram it is.
I will try to tighten up the ram setting and see if it helps.
To burn in the processor, I have read that you should run the voltage high and keep the load low. Like trying 133FSB x12 and run 2.1 volts. Does that seem right to anyone with successfull experiance doing it.
Is there anyway to get a Mobil processor with better stepping when you order it from anywhere or is it all just luck?
Thanks for the help.

H2 said:
Thanks for that information Guys.
Yes, I get the error if I raise the FSB or the Multipler, it doesn't make any difference. The ram I am using is Kingston PC2700. One 512meg chip. I don't have any more info on the exact type of ram it is.
I will try to tighten up the ram setting and see if it helps.
To burn in the processor, I have read that you should run the voltage high and keep the load low. Like trying 133FSB x12 and run 2.1 volts. Does that seem right to anyone with successfull experiance doing it.
Is there anyway to get a Mobil processor with better stepping when you order it from anywhere or is it all just luck?
Thanks for the help.

excaliburpc.com, i suggest either 0348XPMW or 0351MPMW, both are 2600+.

Thanks Gogeta for the right Stepping to get, If I can get this running better I will try to get one of those from Excaliber.

I don't think it is the value ram Compuwolf because I remember paying quit a bit for it 2 years ago. It came with a heat spreader on it so I can read what it really is.

Good news though! I tightened up the timing to 6-3-3-2.5 and tried 166x14 and great news, it ran prime for 1 hour and was still going.
I don't know if the ram timing helped or burning it in for 24 hours.
I'll keep you guys posted of my progress or lack of.
I am at 2.0 volt and my bios says 50.5C running Prime95. Do you guys think that is too much Voltage or heat if it is working?
Thanks

You shouldnt be needing that many volts to only get that little out of a mobile. The ram could be holding you back, but not if you are keeping it at 166 and just touching the multi, the valueram usually holds its own at stock speeds. Have you modded the board at all? The abit needs a little bit of work to be made stable.

Wow this is wierd!
I couldn't get my system real stable at 166x15 or 2490mhz, but
It runs well at 155 x16 or 2480.
My ram is Kingstone PC2700 which should run ok up to 166x2=332 mhz but I always seem to get an occasional error in Prime95.
Does this make any sense why is is now stable at 155fsb x 16
It works buy now my ram is so underclocked that my performance has taken a bit hit on 3dmarks.
It appears I had 2 problems. My ram wasn't working very well and my particular XP2500 Mobil needs lots of voltage to keep it stable. Thanks for the help guys.

I've got MPMW0351, 2500+, tested at 201x12 1.775V stable.
Voltage a little too high, seen better.
Now burning in, later will try to push it harder.

H2:I suggest you don't get any MPMW, gather some more statistics.

Question, if allowed: is 1.775V enough for burn in?

Back