• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC3700 EL Gold and P4C800 Memtest Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Edward2

My 2*256MB OCZ PC3700 EL Gold memory has run up to 250 FSB 1:1 2-3-3-7 on my IC7-G mobo for benchmarking purposes. I think the fastest I actually ran Memtest86 was at about 230 FSB 1:1 2-3-3-7. I never had a sinlge problem while running this memory on my IC7-G mobo.

I just installed this memory on my P4C800-ED mobo and I am having lots of problems. My computer locks up after about 2-3 passes of running Memtest86, running at 200 FSB 1:1 2.5-3-3-7. Note that Memtest does not generate any errors, the computer simply locks up. Any ideas what might be wrong?

I have the PAT set to Auto, DRAM Idle Timer set to Auto, DRAM Refresh Rate set to Auto, and the DRAM Burst Length set to 4. I am using 2.85 volts on the memory, and my CPU (3.0C) is running at the default speed and voltage.

THANK YOU !!!

I disabled all USB devices in the BIOS like you said, and now I am running Memtest at 250 FSB 1:1 2.5-3-3-7. It passed about 20 minutes at 200 and about 60 minutes at 230.

Edward2 said:
THANK YOU !!!

I disabled all USB devices in the BIOS like you said, and now I am running Memtest at 250 FSB 1:1 2.5-3-3-7. It passed about 20 minutes at 200 and about 60 minutes at 230.

Ive had this problem before on other boards....it indicates your OC is affecting your USB chip so I would be careful using the USB for anything important like input/output of digital video while the board is OC'd. Might cause problems, might not, but if next year your new digital camera seems like a piece of crap dont forget your USB port might be the problem....

Thanks for the advice about the USB chip and OC'ing. Good news is that this is my bench-only rig (at least for now) and will not need the USB ports. I moved my mouse back to the PS2 port.

However, this does make me wonder if anyone has had problems with the Firewire port/chip due to OC'ing. All of my video editing (not that I do a lot) is done through the on-board Firewire port on one of my other computers. Thanks.

Back