• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Very strange ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Takovr

I have my computer over clocked to 12.5x205, when I go to windows up-date it goes to 66 percent and then freeze's. If I
over clock to 12.5x200 I have no problems at the windows up-date site it goes to 100 percent and then shows me the up-dates. Does this make any sense ??

Is the computer stable doing everything else at 12.5 x 205? Does it pass prime fine?

I have runned prime on the torture test that stresses thae ram also for many hours with an overclock of [email protected] and it passed fine but when i ran farcry at this setting it rebooted,Im not overclocking the agp,just the cpu(ram is rated for 200)mem timings are loose at 8,4,4,2.5.when I upped the vcore to 1.825 everything ran fine.So my question is is prime anygood?Obviously it dosent stress the cpu the way a game(farcry)does,so whats the point in running prime

I wouldnt nescissarily say that this is a stability problem. It may be perfectly stable, and Microsoft may (I say may, but I'm sure they DO) have some way to check your system specs as it's connecting for updates.

Sometimes, after a HUGE overclock, I have had to re-activate my copy of XP because my "hardware has changed". It's a PITA, but it could happen.

Back