• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A gem of a locked 2500 @ 2425Ghz...56k Warning!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD_Junk13

Registered
This is my new overclock, prime stable. I have one gem of a locked 2500 Barton. Temps are great(About 48C Load) even after running prime for 12 hours.

w0ot! I'm playing FarCry like never before, 50+ FPS :D Even with my Gainward ti4200.

cpuz.jpg

cpuz_mem.jpg

I have been running these setting sense April 8th. I didn't want to post until I knew it was stable under daily use.

This is with air cooling. The heatsink is a solid copper forged AeroCool Hercules, at a very large 70x62x35mm at 510g. Lapped with 600, 800, 1000 and 1200 sandpaper to a miror finish. The two clip hold down was replaced with a 6 clip off a stock AMD HS. This is topped by a clear 70 to 80mm fan adapter and a TT Smart fan II. It is a seated with the proper amount of AS5. This all works very well together by looking at my temps.

This is a pic of my setup:

Link

I hope to go to 2.5 but only after I get my water cooling setup build. Thinking of making my own water block along with custom res. So it may be some time, I'm just happy with what I have and my temp.

Back