• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

newb needs advice and help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techbota

Registered
This is a quote from [H]ard|OCP about my MB the KT6-Delta LSR. The rest of it can be found here http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTE2LDI=

One thing that appears to be missing from this menu and the BIOS itself are dividers for determining the AGP and PCI bus frequency based on the selected CPU FSB. This could present a real problem for this board with overclocking, especially in light of the fact that the KT600 chipset does not lock the PCI and AGP buses at a certain frequency. The chipset itself uses dividers to determine bus speeds, meaning that MIS chose to allow the chipset to automatically determine the applicable divider based on the CPU FSB setting.

Now im overclocking my FSB to 176 What damage could this be doing. Also is this why I cant take my FSB past 176 stable.

I ran Sandra 2004 last night and it gave me warnings that my memory was set to high. Well I had it set a 400 mhz. By overclocking is it taking that 400 mhz and adding to it??

I really need someone to help me through this as I am a newb. Everybody else is getting great FSB's out of their 2500 xp's I think I have some bios settings getting in the way.

Also when I set my memory to 333mhz and ran CORE CENTER it said I could get a overclock of 187 stable. I didnt do anymore cause I need some help.

PS raising my vcore to 1.75 didnt help me either.

I guess after alittle research I need to properly set my pci/agp dividers. Can someone help me through this?

Since its not in the BIOS you would need to Pin-mod it.

Link: http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

Its a very pain-less mod. All you do is follow the instruction.

View = CPU socket
FSB = 200

You take a small wire of some sorts. Cut it to the proper size and place in the CPU socket accordint to the picture. If you do it right it will force your CPU to 400FSB.

Feel free to PM / AIM me any time

-Sen

Thanks for the tip BUTY I think you misunderstand me. My problem is that if I take my FSB that high it whacks out my pci/agp speeds!!! Because the KT6 board doesnt lock the settings!

Im not really sure what the pin mod does other than give me a different multiplier? I can change my front side bus speed in the bios.

PS im in the tampa bay area!

Back