• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton 2500+, forcing FSB 400, how? :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Breach

Registered
Well,

I have a Barton 2500+ and a KT600 MB. the question is how to force the MB to detect (and run) the CPU at FSB 400? There was a wire trick (and it worked :), but I lost the link and can't find it for the life of me. Any references? Thanks!

Ta

Thanks! This turns out to be a great forum, people are helpful, and most of all, civilized, a real phenomenon! Great job!

You've got pretty much the same thing as me.. all you have to do is go to bios and change the setting for cpu speed to manual, then change the fsb to 200, however, if you do that, AND have an locked barton, it will load at 2.2ghz, which may be too much depending on your cooling solution.. and of course you need pc-3200 ram or better.

:) I have a LOCKED Barton AND a VIA KT600 MB (No manual FSB, no locking ;P. You know what? Only one way to go, fool the MB to think it's a FSB400 Barton, and it works! 2.25 Ghz stable solid too! Now if I only could get the PQI memory's BIOS settings right... really touchy, I wish I have gotten a 433 DDR... :)

Back