• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lucky me, I've got a MPMW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Runner30

I've recieved AMD Athlon XP-M 2500 and found it to be IQQHA0351MPMW.:beer:

So fair no complains, alreqady booted at 2400, now testing 2376, 216x11.

Unfortunately there's a limiting factor of FSB, 216 maximum ( 512 MB Samsung CL3).

Or is it the board? I think modding "fsb sence" is only good for those who have trouble getting over 200.

Specs:ABiT NF7v2/512 Samsung 3-3-3-11/R350/"400W" PITA psw.

PC3200 it is.

Well Mpmw or not, I've only tested 205x11.5 successfully yet.

Runner30 said:
Unfortunately there's a limiting factor of FSB, 216 maximum ( 512 MB Samsung CL3).

This isnt a memory limit...I have kingston value ram with sammy chips on it...had the 215 -220 issue also...until I did the L12 wire trick...I can now run up too 225 with interface enabled...and up to 245 stable without interface enabled...If I did a VDIMM mod I could possible run at 250+...but the memory wont run for more then 10 minutes past 245 because I can only run it at 2.9v's...(have booted up and ran windows for about 5 minutes until I got serious memory errors at 260FSB)

Try the L12 wire mod and I bet you get past that 216 limit...

What code does make difference?

I did the L12 "mod" , now stable at 243Mhz.

need about 1.875-1.9V to have it stable at 2550Mhz.
Is it too much?

From my observations the code on the mobile 2500XP has nothing to do with anything, all codes just seem to perform well. Cooling and components is the key factor...prove me wrong????

Well, there are numerous examples of users getting disappointed by a XP-M chip, got it replaced and gained significally better results.(There should be the opposite examples, but who would post a thread about such fiasco?).

I have no idea what does the last line of 8 letters say, but they probably contain some info for the AMD.
Statistically , the "quality" of the chips depends on it's stepping, give me 31 cpus of each stepping and I'll be able to prove you wrong.

hell yeah these rock.. just got this mobile to replace my desktop 2500+ (voltage *****, wouldnt go past 200x11).... see my new OC in sig.

Back