• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why 222211?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
People usually run these settings 2,2,2,11 on NForce2 platforms in Dual Channel. 2,2,2,5-7 yeild the best performance in single channel. People use 11 in dual channel because of the nature of the Nforce2 memory controller.

I assume that you are talking about 2-2-2-11 timings. Many people run these timings in AMD systems using the nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset. The reason for this is that it gives higher bandwidth scores (small difference, but its there) It also runs more stable than when 6 is the cycle time.

EDIT: arg, beat me to it Tebore :)

Well I tried the 112222 timings with dual chanel at the settings you see and it just gave me nothing but problems. I did not however start at the bottom and work up I just poped it in and went. Could this have messed my ram up?

Only do 2-2-2 if you have BH-5 or BH-6, maybe CH-5 if you are lucky.

I forget what my FSB setting was, I'm thinking 166, and I got a 100MB/s boost going from 5->11 in single channel in memtest.

Back